The International Institute on Ageing, United Nations — Malta (INIA) launched an International Journal on Ageing in Developing Countries. It is open access, non-profit, and published online on a biannual basis. You may access the first issue at https://www.inia.org.mt/journal/issue.
The Journal focuses on those aspects relating to population ageing in developing countries, including biological, psychological, economic, social, political, medical, historical and spiritual dimensions. It includes five objectives namely:
- drawing experts from various disciplines related to this ageing phenomenon, and provide an international, peer-reviewed platform for their work;
- offering a voice to researchers in developing countries, enabling them to transmit their findings to a broad number of readers;
- facilitating rapid, international dissemination of ground breaking work in the area, via pre-publication access;
- reviewing books of gerontological and geriatric concern;
- being an openly accessible forum to maximise readership and discussion, and hence, the journal’s ability to transmit work in the area to the stakeholders that need it most.
It is appreciated if you could kindly share the above information with your colleagues and associates.